Information for employers and job seekers
The Federal Agency for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) is one the most important contact points for job seekers and employers. The BAMF lists the possibilities and conditions about how refugees can enter the German labour market. The opportunities for refugees to gain access to the labour market, and the conditions under which access is granted, fundamentally depend on their residence status. The BAMF lists different residence titles together with pictures of the documents.
WelKMU offers informations for students ready to hit the job market (cv writing and much more) but also is looking for companies willing to get in touch with their future employees.
- jobs4refugees are connecting refugees and employers
- Workeer is a trainee and job platform that is specialized on refugees. Job seekers can publish a personal profile. The platform was founded as part of a master’s thesis of communication design studies at the HTW Berlin in summer 2015.
- welcome2work is specialized on refugees and those who want to help refugees. Job seekers get also help through a mentoring program. Job seekers can publish a personal profile and upload their CV. welcome2work is a project of Enactus KIT e.V..
- The Federal Agency for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) provides information for migrants and/or refugees that would like to work in Germany.
- Additionally, the BAMF provides information on the law relating to asylum and the different kinds of protection for refugees. This includes the right of asylum, subsidiary protection, and prohibition of deportation.
- Instructions on how to begin are shown in the First orientation for asylum seeker. The flyer is available in English (PDF 1,2MB), Arabic, (PDF 1,2MB), Dari (PDF 1,2MB), Farsi (PDF 1,2MB), German (PDF 1,5MB), and many more languages.
- The website Wefugee – community without borders allows refugees, volunteers and organizations to seek counsil and help as well as to build networks. The website addresses legal issues and seeking asylum but also topics like culture, sports or good Halal.
- refugeeinfo.eu provides refugees with important information while they are still on the road.
- The website of the refugee council Berlin lists all refugee councils in Germany. The refugee council Berlin was formed in 1981 and consists of organizations, information centers, self-help group for refugees, initiatives and individual persons. The council works to improve living conditions of refugees in Germany and to ensure human rights and dignity.
- Informations regarding ‘Minijobs‘
- HelpTo the refugee help-portal for your city
- WUS World University Service: offers a broad overview of possibilities for students or those who want to become a studet in Germany
- The Federal Employment Agency recently published a new brochure together with the German Employers’ Associations and the Federal Agency for Migration and Refugees. The brochure is titled „Potentiale nutzen – geflüchtete Menschen beschäftigen“ (PDF 3,1MB, only in German). The brochure lists information for businesses how to proceed when employing migrants and/or refugees and available support from the Federal Employment Agency.
- The Charta der Vielfalt (diversity charter) is a corporate initiative to promote diversity in companies and institutions. Federal Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel is the initiative’s patron. The Commissioner for Migration, Refugees and Integration, Aydan Özoguz, supports the initiative. In 2015, the initiative published the brochure “Refugees entering the employment market. A practical guide for companies.” (PDF 2,3MB).
- ‘Wir zusammen‘ (in English: ‘We together’) is an initiative of small and large companies and their employees in Germany. These companies welcome newcomers to Germany and support them in various ways. Do you want to join?
- The Network “Integration through Qualification (IQ)” has been working to improve employment opportunities for people with amigration background. An objective of central importance is that professional qualifications acquired outside Germany lead to employment appropriate to one’s level of education, regardless of residence status. The programm operates regionally and has regional networks in each federal state (Bundesland). It also provides information on business opportunities for migrants and refugees.
- Netzwerk Unternehmen integrieren Flüchtlinge connects companies willing or interested to employ refugees, offers information’s and a platform to connect with each other.
- clarat offers a big variety of support services and programmes for refugees – in 7 languages